Hiiii friends! So, it’s been a few (ok, more than a few) months since I last posted on here. Life got crazy, I lost motivation, and just needed the mental break. Since then, I have started a new position at work and have settled in nicely. I enjoyed a fun summer, with time at the lake house with family, a lot of local craft brewery visits, and lots of walkies with my old pup Baxter.
I had a low volume of books read during the summer months, but have been crushing it since September. I’ve already met and exceeded my yearly Goodreads goal of 160 books, and am at 184 books as of right now.
Here’s my November Wrap Up. I finished 22 books, all a mix of ebook/audiobook/physical reads. I absolutely loved many of them, but my absolute favorite was Old Country by Matt & Harrison Query (2022 horror release), and The Unbound Witch by Miranda Lyn (a 2023 release- date TBD). Some of my other top reads were Forbidden by Addison Arrowdell, Leech by Hiron Ennes, and Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts by Kate Buccalia.
Have you read any of these books? Did you love any of them?
December reading plans…..
I have a lot of “hopefuls” for December, some buddy reads, and some 2023 ARCs to read and review before release. I’m going to do my best to stay on top of posting my reviews, but I also have plans to do “Fantasy Friday” and “Sunday Scaries” feature posts. I’ve been doing them in the Facebook book group, Stay Bookish, that I admin and it’s been positively received. That sold me on sharing them here as well!
December Group Reads
- Babel by R.F. Kuang
- The Christmas Killer by Alex Pine
- Ledge by Stacey McEwan
- The Watchers by A.M. Shine
- The Twenty by Sam Holland (also a 2023 ARC)
January 2023 ARCs
- Locust Lane by Stephen Amidon
- What Lies in the Woods by Kate Alice Marshall
- Briardark by S.A. Harian
- City of Nightmares by Rebecca Schaefer
- Waking Fire by Jean Louise
December Hopefuls (TBR-ish)
- One Dark Window by Rachel Gillig
- House of Hunger by Alexis Henderson
- Her Majesty’s Royal Coven by Juno Dawson
- The Kiss Curse by Erin Sterling
- Witchful Thinking by Celestine Martin
- Taken by Addison Arrowdell
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Bar by Isabella May
- Kingston by Leila James
- The Company of Fiends by Kathyrn Moon
Let me know if there is anything on my list for December that’s also on yours, or something you’ve already read! As always, I’m setting the bar really high for myself but am optimistic to get through most of these. I’m looking forward to the final month of 2022, some amazing reads, and the holidays with family.
Positive Vibes & Happy Reading!!