Hi friends! It’s nearly Christmas and I just can’t believe how quickly time has flown. This has been quite a month, and a year, but all full of good things! With just about a week left I’ve been reflecting on what an amazing reading year I’ve had. Of course, the year isn’t over and I still have some books that I need to finish, and some I would like to finish. Taking a look at my stats with the 2019 Goodreads Challenge goal I set for myself, I’ve read a total of 146 books so far this year, which leaves me with only 4 more to complete my challenge of reading 150 books. In 2018 I set myself the goal of reading 60 books (double my 2017 total) and I surprised myself by reaching that by midyear. I ended up bumping it to 100 books and completed the 2018 year with a total of 102 books read. I thought 150 books in 2019 would be a stretch, but it’s proven to be fairly easy. I probably would have exceeded my goal by now, but I had quite a reading slump starting around the end of September and stretching into early November. I only just got my groove back! I’ve also taken on a few bookish projects these past few months, having been accepted as an Ambassador for Celadon Books to review early ARCs, as well as being invited to participate in a lot of Blog Tours for Harlequin Publishing and all associated presses. It has been quite a blast!
Here is what I’ve read so far this month….
- Good Boy: My Life in Seven Dogs by Jennifer Finney Boylan – 5 stars
- Tater Tot at the Chase: A Happy Helper by Laura Holman Byrne (gift for my nephew) – 4 stars
- Strictly No Elephants by Lisa Mantchev (gift for my nephew) – 4 stars
- An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1) by Jennifer Snow – 4 stars
- Christmas in London by Anita Hughes – 3 stars
- Shark’s Edge (Shark’s Edge #1) by Angel Payne & Victoria Blue – 4 stars
- The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater – 4 stars
- The Secret Zoo (The Secret Zoo #1) by Bryan Chick (gift for my niece) – 4 stars
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera – 4 stars
- Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy #1) by Emily A. Duncan – 5 stars
These are the books I still have in progress and hope to finish….
- The Girl in Red by Christina Henry – 5% in
- Patterns: Rise of Gods (The Patterns Trilogy #1) by Dark Ashton – 10% in
- The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library #1) by Genevieve Cogman – 4% in
- The German House by Annette Hess – 50% in – Plan to review for NetGalley**
If I finish these I will meet my goal!!! Yay!!
But….. I have a couple books I haven’t started yet that I still need to read this month.
- Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy #2) by Emily A. Duncan – ARC from NetGalley for a review **
- Mr. Dickens and His Carol by Samantha Silva – a group read for a facebook group I help Admin
- A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes #1) by Brittany Cavallaro – a group read for a facebook group I help Admin
I have set some high goals for myself for the last 9 days of the year, but I’ll be on Christmas Vacation starting Tuesday and it’s going to be a nice low-key vacation. I’ll have plenty of reading time! I’m really looking forward to spending the holiday with my family and getting some rest and relaxation before I come back to work to complete the crazy season!! These last couple weeks have been tough between being very sick, and working overtime.
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holidays! My wish for you is that you are able to spend time with family and friends, have a hot meal and get to put your feet up for even a little while. Remember to take some time away from social media distractions and cherish time spent with those around you, as we quite often take it for granted. Merry Christmas!!
Coming Soon in 2020….
- Blog Tour Review for Husband Material by Emily Belden
- 2020 Reading Goals
- Review for Net Galley ARC of The Night Country by Melissa Albert
- Blog Tour Review for Little Bookshop on the Seine by Rebeca Raisin
- Reviews for The Wives by Tarryn Fisher
- Review for Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw
- Review for Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
- Blog Tour Review for A Beginning At The End by Mike Chen
- Blog Tour Review for Cast in Wisdom by Michelle Sagara
- Review for NetGalley ARC of Bitter Falls by Rachel Caine
- Review for NetGalley/MacMillan ARC of Ten Days Gone by Beverly Long
- Blog Tour Review for Don’t Read The Comments by Eric Smith
- Review for NetGalley ARC of Sparrow by Mary Cecilia Jackson