Hi friends, I hope you’re all having a great day! I meant to get this post out shortly after the New Year, but I’m a little behind. It’s filing season and that means work is insanely busy. We’re almost done though!! Before I get too far into my 2020 reading adventures, I’d like to share my recap of 2019 with everyone!
At the start of 2019 I set my Goodreads Reading goal to 150 books, and I met my goal with exactly 150 books read! I surprised myself by reading that many books, but I read some really wonderful books! That being said, I’ve prepared my Top 10 favorite reads of the year and my 5 least favorite reads of 2019.
My Top 10 is sorted by 5 YA and 5 Adult, I tend to read more YA books than Adult. One of my goals this year is to read more of a mix. So here they are, my Top 10 reads of 2019!! 😊 Most, is not all, were ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reads for me!!
Top 5 YA of 2019 (In no particular order)
- Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan
- The Folk of the Air Trilogy by Holly Black
- Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford
- The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
Top 5 Adult of 2019
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
- Turn the Other Way by Stuart James
Honorable mention to some other books that I wanted to put in my Top 10 but shared slots don’t always work….
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan
- Ruthless Gods by Emily A. Duncan
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Next, my Least 5 Favorite of 2019. I disliked these books for many different reasons. Mostly they were just not my kind of book, didn’t wow me, or just had me confused the entire book. I don’t want my dislike of them to sway anyone from reading them, as there are many positive reviews for all 5 of these books.
Least 5 Favorite of 2019
- Rising (A Mystical Slayer Prequel) by Michael W Huard.
- The Last 8 by Laura Pohl
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- The Mother-in-Law by Sally Hepworth
- Slenderman by Anonymous
It was more difficult than I though it would be making these lists. I loved so many books, and really didn’t want to give a “bottom 5” to any books. I’m not one to bash books, but to just say not for me. I am so excited for the bookish adventures that 2020 will bring. I’ve read 6 books already and have quite a few more on deck! Keep an eye out for my upcoming Blog Tours, Reviews and other adventures!!
Until then, Happy Reading! 🤓