Hey heyyy friends!!! Life has been a little crazy lately between work getting busier, reading a ton, and enjoying plenty of time off at the new Lake House!! Unfortunately that meant that I was pulled away from keeping up with my blogging, but sometimes you just need a life break. I needed a little time away, needed to recharge my batteries. It was nice to enjoy the lake and family time. Now I am back and ready to blog away!!
To catch you up on what I’ve read since my last few posts, here is everything I’ve read in June and July (so far). The Top nine books, from top left corner going left to right are what I’ve read in July.
- The Haunted by Danielle Vega (new 2019 release) – 4 stars
- Song of the Dead #2 by Sarah Glenn Marsh – 5 stars
- Reign of the Fallen #1 by Sarah Glenn Marsh – 4 stars
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (reread of a fav!) – 5 stars
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and The Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan – 5 stars
- Turn The Other Way by Stuart James – 5 stars
- Truly Dead (Elise Sandburg #4) by Anne Frasier – 5 stars
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid – 5 stars
- Going Down Easy (Billionaire Bad Boys #1) by Carly Phillips – 4 stars
The rest are what I read in June, and boy was it an amazing reading month!!!
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw – 4 stars
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (reread of a fav!) – 5 stars
- Pretty Dead (Elise Sandburg #3) by Anne Frasier – 5 stars
- The Book Charmer (Dove Pond #1) by Karen Hawkins – 4 stars
- Stay Dead (Elise Sandburg #2) by Anne Frasier – 4 stars
- Strange Skies (Burn Out #1) by Kristi Helvig – 4 stars
- Burn Out (Burn Out #1) by Kristi Helvig – 4 stars
- The Last Town (Wayward Pines #3) by Blake Crouch – 4 stars
- Meet Cute by Helena Hunting – 5 stars
- Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan – 5 stars
- Roses of May (The Collector #2) by Dot Hutchison – 5 stars
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (reread of a fav!) – 5 stars
- Wanderers by Chuck Wendig – 4 stars
- Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire – 4 stars
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides – 5 stars
- The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician #2) by Charlie N Holmberg – 5 stars
My Top 5 favorites from what I’ve read in June and July are The Silent Patient, Hot Dog Girl, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Turn The Other Way and the Reign of the Fallen Duology. These are the books that stick out the most in my mind, although I did enjoy all the rest of the books immensely.
My Current Reads
♣ I am currently listening to an audio book of The Haunted by Bentley Little, which is an adult horror book. So far it has been incredibly spooky and has kept me thinking what next?
Description – The Perry family’s new house is perfect-except for the weird behavior of the neighbors, and that odd smell coming from a dark corner in the basement. Pity no one warned the family about the house. Now it’s too late. Because the darkness at the bottom of the basement stairs is rising.
♣ I am reading The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and The Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan in paperback. I just started this last night and already within the first 40 pages I am hooked!! I am a sucker for books based around Greek Mythology, and this middle grade series is such a refreshing story line to read! I highly recommend this for anyone with young readers, or anyone looking for a fun series themselves (regardless of age!!).
Description – The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan’s amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a “half blood” whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan’s series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment.
In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book’s drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come.
♣ Lastly, I have an ebook that I am almost done with, about 60% of the way through it, called The Last 8 by Laura Pohl. This is a YA Scifi novel about Alien Invasion and end of the world. While it’s not my favorite book and feels very hokey, I can’t stop reading it because… well… duh aliens! It will most likely end up being a 3 star read for me and I doubt that I will be continuing on with the next book in the series.
Description – Clover Martinez has always been a survivor, which is the only reason she isn’t among the dead when aliens invade and destroy Earth as she knows it.
When Clover hears an inexplicable radio message, she’s shocked to learn there are other survivors—and that they’re all at the former Area 51. When she arrives, she’s greeted by a band of misfits who call themselves The Last Teenagers on Earth.
Only they aren’t the ragtag group of heroes Clover was expecting. The group seems more interested in hiding than fighting back, and Clover starts to wonder if she was better off alone. But then she finds a hidden spaceship, and she doesn’t know what to believe…or who to trust.
Well, it’s Friday and there is work to do and books to read! Happy Reading!! 🙂